The Senator's Academy application is now available.
Considering young leaders for nomination to a United States Service Academy is one of my most important responsibilities as a United States Senator. Each year, I am encouraged by the number of bright and talented students who contact me requesting my nomination.
All students who complete my application in advance of the October 24 deadline and have an application open with the academies of their choice will be interviewed by my Service Academy Review Board in November. Applicants are notified of my nomination by late December.
To get an overview of my new application process for 2015, please read this entire page before you access any link. Your materials must be postmarked by October 24, 2014 or faxed to 202-224-8858 by 5pm on October 24. You will be notified of an interview date and time, if your application is complete by the due date.
**All students with a completed application by the due date will be invited to interview with my board on Friday November 21, 2014, in my Baltimore office.**
1. Begin my online registration process by clicking here. You will need to submit all of your contact information in order to access my online status checker. Status updates will be made on the same day that we receive your documents. You can verify the status of your application at any time by using the checklist within the online application.
2. Complete the PDF application.
3. Along with the application, you will also need to submit:
- Guidance Counselor/Principal Form
- An official high school transcript
- SAT Scores, code is 0229
- 3 signed letters of recommendation
- Math teacher
- Science teacher
- Adult non-family member
4. Send a hardcopy of the PDF application plus the attachments from#3 by:
A. fax to 202-224-8858 or
B. send a hardcopy version by postal mail to the address below:
Senator Barbara A. Mikulski
901 S. Bond Street, Suite 310
Baltimore, MD 21231
If you would like more information, please contact my nominations coordinator, Melissa Baranowski, in my Baltimore Office at 410-962-4510 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.